Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Venture to Scrap in SF

Went to Scrap this afternoon to check out the offerings. I've heard a lot about this place, and wanted to see what goodies I could find there. Some have compared it to Berkeley's Urban Ore, but it was more in the flavor of Center for Creative Reuse...a place for raw materials and whatnots instead of furniture and architectural salvage.

Scrap has a shelves of paper, rows of bindings and fabric remnants, and much more. Among my favorites, were the spools of thread and old sewing patterns.




We found a couple of good things, but there is lots of promise for finding treasures at a place like this.

5 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Looks like my kind of place :)

Genius Monkey Marketing said...

Yes! Places like this are great because like they say...One woman's trash is another woman's treasure; Its amazing what you can find!

MJ said...

wow, look at that ribbon...do you like ribbon courtney? do you?

Genius Monkey Marketing said...

Um...I heart ribbon!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about these. Well someday Ill create a blog to compete you! lolz.