Monday, June 16, 2008

Paste Paper




Making Paste Paper for the upcoming Craftaluma show on June 29th. Am so excited to be able to produce work for a specific event; it helps push me forward. I love making paste paper, its like finger painting for adults. I teach this class at Paper Source in Berkeley and at the workshop space as well, but I was happy to get to make some one my own. It takes up lots of space, so its good to have room to spread out. I've been making paste paper since college, and have tried lots of various methods, but prefer using Methyl Cellulose for my medium. It helps the paint move smoothly for making patterns, and it prevents the pages from sticking to one another in an art application. Yea! I'm happy to be making things!

2 comments:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

that's so awesome! Love the new look of your blog :)

Genius Monkey Marketing said...

Thanks so much! I'm so slow when it comes to code and such...its a work in progress!