Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Since I've been making so much jam, I though I'd try something a little different and make Mango Jam. I just received a new cookbook on canning and used a recipe from it. This is the first time I've used pectin, and I have to say I wasn't so impressed. I was reluctant to add anything besides fruit, sugar and lemon juice, but every recipe in this book uses pectin and the author swears by it.


The jam looks great, but I don't think it cooked long enough, so its a bit chunky and thin. It tastes great. I had to modify the recipe entirely by cutting the sugar in half, adding more fruit and tripling the lemon and lime juices.

It too made its way onto buttermilk biscuits, which made Nadia very happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly a beautiful and amazing domestic goddess and your preserves are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

The Girls love you so much, but I love you even more! Thanks for all of the Jam!

Courtney Cerruti said...

Thanks