Friday, August 1, 2008



I make banana bread quite often, and this double batch was for my boyfriend and I and the workshop and MJ. I went to the workshop this morning to drop in on a watercolor class. I got to play for a bit, but am wanting to do more soon. I brought some banana bread as my contribution, since they let me join in. And tonight I get to go to MJ's for a sleepover!!!!
Ok, so I'm a bit old for it, but that's exactly the point. It will be nice to just veg and watch movies and eat s'mores and wake up and have banana bread for breakfast, besides which MJ loves banana bread. The recipe I use started out from something I found on the web, but I've modified to my taste. The best part is that no mixer os required. All the ingredients can be mixed in a bowl. Here's the recipe...

4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted regular butter (with salt, which is a big no no in baking, but it works in this!)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg (beat before combining)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour
nuts optional

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix melted butter with bananas. Mash the bananas with a wooden spoon while mixing in butter.
Add sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
Sprinkle baking soda over indgredients and mix in.
Add flour last, and mix together until combined.

Pour mixture into buttered loaf pan and cook 1 hour.
Best to cool before slicing or serving.

This is especially delicious with butter hot out of the oven!

No comments: